Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Baby Kiss



10"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival board

"When a child is born, so is a mother." - anonymous

Ahh- so much fun painting faces! I threw caution to the wind and decided to use both palette knife and brush on this one. I wanted the lushness of what a knife can bring to the paint, yet a bit more detail where necessary with a brush, without getting too tied to detail.

Glad to be back from a weekend trip to Baltimore to begin settling some family 'stuff'. I'll just leave it at that. It's cutting into my painting time, so I'm having to really concentrate my efforts this week! Got 2 more small landscapes painted today, I'll be posting those soon!
For more information about this painting, contact me here.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home