Thursday, February 9, 2012

Luscious Lavender Rows



5"x7" oil on gessoed archival panel

"With immediacy and intensity, smell activates the memory, allowing our minds to travel freely in time." -Tom Robbins

Along with plein air works, I had brought home some 'souvenirs' of my visit to Keys Creek Lavender Farm (in Valley Center, CA). It's true, the fragrance will bring back such wonderful memories. Rows of lavender, sweeping and waving in the soft breeze bring such delight. I was so attracted to the 'abstractness' of this view, I now have a larger painting in the works with this view!

For more information regarding this painting, contact me here.

My website: www.roxannesteed.com

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful Roxanne...love the texture and pattern of this one!

February 9, 2012 at 7:00 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Norma! I was really happy with this one- I've got a large one started on the easel!! :-D

February 9, 2012 at 7:51 PM  
Blogger Jerry Stocks said...

Love this and makes me homesick for CA. I took Kathleen Elsey's workshop in Sonoma in Oct., and we painted in the vineyards and lavender fields.

February 10, 2012 at 4:47 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks so much Jerry! Yes, whenever I think of these lavender fields (among other things) I do miss southern CA...especially when it's winter up north! It's such a beautiful area, I'm glad I got to live there for a while!

February 10, 2012 at 11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home