Thursday, August 30, 2012

Water Wings (and Bull Sharks at Folly Beach!)

10"x8"x.75" deep, oil on gallery-wrapped canvas
$400
 
Buy it now
 
Click on the image to enlarge!

Man, oh man, I can't say enough, how much I enjoyed my trip to Charleston.  There's more than enough details coming out in my next 'Cheer Factor' newsletter in a few days.  Charleston is a fantastic art destination. But Folly Beach, is close to where I used to live - and getting to swim EVERY single day of my vacation in the warm Atlantic was heavenly!  I would swim, then come back to my beach chair to 'rest' a little bit, and photograph other beach goers! Watching the moms play with their little ones in the shallow water reminded me of how much fun I had when my own daughters were very small.  I came home with lots of great memories and tons of photo reference! 
 
 
Now, on the next to last day, we swam in the morning....like usual....and turned on the TV to catch the news before heading out for dinner. As it turns out, that afternoon, a 14 year old boy snagged a big bull shark while fishing on the pier - right next to where we were swimming! To catch the drama on video- you've got to see this! Yikes! Needless to say, on my last morning of swimming, I was a bit reluctant to get in past my knees, knowing there was a mad  bull shark on the loose!!


Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Craig said...

I felt so fortunate to have shared this vacation with you and Ron! That shark just got into town a little early for "Shark Week." I love the painting!

August 30, 2012 at 2:47 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

THanks Craig!- We had a blast! I'm hoping the next time I get back to Folly, I won't be thinking too much of those sharks! (He'll be traversing other parts of the ocean, right? LIke they said on 'Shark Week'!)

August 30, 2012 at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home