Saturday, December 15, 2012

Refresh, Renew & Simplify Floral Bouquet

6"x6" oil on archival panel


I have some paintings "in the vault" in my studio, that still need a home - perhaps yours??

I'm still enjoying sharing some of these older small paintings at some frankly wonderful price opportunities during the holiday season. I haven't been blogging all of them, so in case you've missed some, here's another chance to catch the 'bidding fever fun'! 

I spend a lot of time painting flowers from my garden If you've followed my work for any length of time, you'll see this container in many of my floral paintings! I do especially love blue and white pottery and porcelain pieces. Cutting any blossoms I've got in the yard makes for a great day of painting - that's just another reason I love summer so much up here in CT.  As for the title.....isn't that always a great way to start off the year? Each of these little paintings has such wonderful texture from painting with a palette knife - it truly allows the medium of oil paint to show some of its best qualities!

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home