Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Clear Autumn Morning In The Marsh, plein air Barn Island



6"x8" oil on linen mounted on archival panel


This is another one of the paintings I had neglected to post on my blog! ***This plein air work was done back in October!  One of my favorite places, Barn Island Wildlife Refuge.  I think it's a wonderful refuge for people, too; judging by the number of people I see out there from time to time. On the weekends there are many hikers, dog-walkers, etc.  It is a place of beauty and refuge in all seasons, not just for the wildlife, but all of us who need a bit of nature to remind us how to be calm.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Diane Hoeptner said...

Beautiful, almost Fauvist colors--very nice.

January 24, 2013 at 4:08 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

YAY! - Thanks Diane! - this is what I have been pushing towards (a wee bit of fauvism... harder than I thought it would be to 'cut loose' and go with it). Staying with a 'familiar-love' (the landscapes) while trying to push my own boundaries! Glad you're seeing this - thanks for the feedback & confirmation! :-)

January 24, 2013 at 7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home