Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Sundown on Chesapeake Bay study - sold


8"x6" oil on linen mounted on board


I haven't shown this little study yet! 

When I drive down to Norfolk, VA from CT it seems I always reach the Chesapeake Bay Bridge crossing right about sunset time, it's a full day drive of about 10 hours.  Sometimes the sky colors are amazing....and it's all I can do to stay on the road!! Now, being that I can't paint and drive at the same time, this one was done from memory shortly after crossing, which turned out to be quite an interesting study! I was determined to remember the colors and favorite shapes that I saw, so I could commit them to canvas. It's an exercise I've been meaning to do more of- committing what you see to memory & painting on from that point!


Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home