Friday, July 19, 2013

Thursday - Sunny Apertifs a la Sketchbook...and Post-Card winners!!


I've had such a good time with my little watercolor travel sketchbook!! And I do appreciate it's small size for travel (yes, even just in my own neighborhood)! Each evening in France before dinner, we'd get together for 'apertifs' and discuss what we'd done during the day (and what delights might be in store for dinner!!). 

But I must admit I've been a sketchbook junkie....and have some older ones stashed away, and made a few recent purchases as well.  I recently bought a Nujabi handmade watercolor journal, which is so beautiful! I'm putting all my garden sketches from home into it. 
It must be quite the popular journal, and I'm quite glad I bought it when I did as now all the on-line sellers are back ordered until October! yowsa! So I'm savoring the texture and deckled edges of this paper!! 

******and now, drum-roll please...just for a bit of fun- I've done a random drawing of my blog-subscribers and come up with two winners for today's post cards. I've sent them each an email, and as soon as I hear confirmation from them, (and permission to publish their names) I'd like to publicly thank them here for being loyal subscribers! 

I always appreciate all the comments and remarks you all send along. It's always great encouragement and fun to hear from you! Thanks so very much for being my 'travel companion' on this artistic journey- I'll be sending out more watercolor post cards for the next two Fridays! I do hope you'll share the fun with a friend....either one of you might be the next winners!
 

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Bruce Bingham said...

It was great painting with you in France! I loved that door knocker:)

July 21, 2013 at 1:30 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Bruce! I really enjoyed getting to know you & see your paintings in person, too! So many cool things at Le Vieux!!

July 22, 2013 at 9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home