Friday, August 2, 2013

Summer Morning, Heat Rising

6"x8" oil on linen mounted on archival board
For more information, or to purchase, click here.  

This was the second painting of the day, Wednesday morning. The heat is rising, and the bugs are getting hungry! The marsh is waking up and quite busy! Yet the temperature is still comfortable out, perhaps a stronger DEET cocktail is necessary (or I missed a spot behind my knee where one hungry horsefly persistently bothered me). 
 What our eyes see when painting from life, is so much more exciting than what a photograph can "see". 
 
It's Friday again (already!) and time for the final drawing of those water-color post-cards from France!
I'm emailing them this afternoon (Friday) and with their permission, I'll list the winners on my blog tomorrow! 
 

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

I love the shot of the actual painting set on the landscape. What a great job you have done of capturing the colors. Love it!

August 15, 2013 at 1:34 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Julie! It remains one of my favorite places to go paint. It's just a calm, restorative place. I was back out there this morning...I'll post that in a few days. I'm enjoying the "fall like" weather we're having the last couple days!

August 15, 2013 at 3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home