Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Stonington Fishing Fleet Red Boat

8"x10" oil on linen mounted on archival panel
For more information, or to purchase, click here.
 
Down to the sea on a misty, rainy gray day. In the coastal New England fishing village of Stonington, CT the boats were at the pier last Friday when I went down to paint. The rain hadn't come in yet, finished this just in time as the heavy air turned to a light chilly rain. The fishermen kept working on their boats...chores never end. I was able to pack up and return to the warmth of my studio. 

I feel so lucky to live close to the sea. When it the skies are heavy like last Friday, I can hear the fog horns all the way to my house.  It has become part of my life in the same way that I delight in hearing birdsong on a sunny Spring day.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home