Friday, August 15, 2014

Summer Garden, II - Sunflowers, Butterfly Bush, Crocosmia

16"x8" oil on linen mounted on archival panel
For more information, or to purchase, click here.

Summer days are fleeing so quickly. Seems like there's never enough time to do all the things you want to do.  I've been enjoying every bit of it, and I hope you have been as well.  Sharing another view of my garden, this was painted a day after "Summer Garden, I" and is a nice companion piece to it. The the montbretia flowers have fallen to the ground, and the sunflowers are beginning to droop under their own weight. Even though it's still August, a cool wind has blown through, and Fall is 'knocking on the door'. I suppose it's going to give up and just barge right in one of these days...a little too soon for my tastes.


Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home