Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Tidewater - sold

12"x16" oil on stretched linen canvas

Today I decided to re-work this painting I had been unsatisfied with. I had done a very small one of this scene much earlier, but I couldn't get the same feeling transferred to this size. I really wanted to push the perspective, loosen the brush strokes (the smaller view really had a sense of distance & was quite painterly). I think this is the effect I'm after. I will put it aside & look at it again in a day or so & determine if it is finished.

4 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl Kling said...

Roxanne,
I really can smell the pine trees. Bravo!

May 23, 2007 at 6:25 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

it smells of salt marsh there too, I've spent a lot-lot-lot of time there!!!

May 23, 2007 at 7:59 PM  
Blogger Bonnie said...

I am the PROUD owner of the smaller version you speak of and I LOVE it...This one is just as calming and peaceful. Nice work!

May 24, 2007 at 6:14 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

wow, thanks so much Bonnie!! I'm glad you love it. This is a place very dear to me, I used to hike & run there all the time (I've been thinking a lot about it lately!). thanks for your comment!!

May 24, 2007 at 8:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home