Saturday, August 25, 2007

Arbor Luncheon - sold


6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

Today I was thinking about patios & beautiful places to spend time. After I painted my mother-in-laws back porch, I've had this on my mind. Today it was terribly muggy outside so there's no way I wanted to actually sit outside....but think of the delightful places where I've lived that I could sit out in the summer if I wanted to. I recalled a beautiful place from when we used to live in San Diego. The weather is nice & dry most of the year. There was a little winery north of Escondido where you could dine outdoors and overlook the vines beyond on the hillside. This was over six years ago that I went there for lunch with some friends, but I remember what a beautiful place it was, I felt like I was on a movie set. Today however, luxury would simply be having some cool dry air around me.....hazy humidity is only good for day-dreaming about dry climates!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home