Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Blue Hydrangeas -sold


8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional art board (Raymar)

This summer I have been photographing every flower garden that strikes my fancy! I'm trying to have a supply of photos for when winter comes and I'm sick of seeing snow! New England is so beautiful in the summer, especially along our coast line. The pretty beach cottages, picket fences, and colorful flowers are so appealing to me.

The blues in hydrangeas have always been a favorite of mine.....but then there's the pink ones, the lavender ones, the long cone shaped white ones that droop down & turn pink. I haven't found a variety that I don't like. When we get to the point in our lives when we leave the Navy & don't have to move around....ha, I'm gonna have a yard full of these babies one day!! I can't think of summer without hydrangeas!


2 Comments:

Blogger Cheryl Kling said...

I would love to have that Hydrangea in my yard. You've really captured the essence of this bush.

August 30, 2007 at 6:55 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Cheryl!

August 30, 2007 at 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home