Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Goodnight Moon - sold


4"x4" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

After a day packed with preparations for Friday's big event in our household, I knew I would have time for only a small painting. I truly welcome the peaceful calm in my studio after a day of "other stuff" that can't be put off. This evening there was a terrific moon rising as dusk settled. That creamy-yellow-orange is incredible against the inky-mauvy-purply-deep blue of the sky before total darkness falls and envelops everything around us. I wish you could delay the continued moon rise. Those moments are fleeting when the orb is a huge warm golden color. As it rises away from the earth, it seems smaller, colder, but more brilliant white as the surrounding sky drops into blackness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home