Tuesday, October 30, 2007

New England Colors - sold



4"x4" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

This past Sunday afternoon, we went on another drive - a "leaf-peeper" trip. I was actually interested in the covered bridges in the Litchfield area, and it had been many years since I'd spent much time over there. I got way more than I set out for. The light that day was beautiful- a perfect fall day! The maples are just getting past their peak color...some beginning to drop.....and many oaks are still green. But the sky was a cool crisp blue and it's definitely 'sweater' (maybe even jacket) weather! The afternoon sun on the side of this older colonial psinted earthy green was such a pretty contrast to the orangey-red leaves. I am delighted at the color surrounding me lately!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home