Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Don't Smash the Egg!

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it." - Arnold H. Glasgow

This is the quote I'm sending Wednesday morning on my Cheer Factor email (if you're interested in signing up, email me direct at roxannesteed@gmail.com & request your daily Cheer Factor).

We made it from Providence, RI down to Jacksonville, FL. Changed planes in Baltimore, but apparently our luggage didn't do it at the same time we did! So we waited for a bit this evening before we could get on our way. I had to remind myself "please be patient" so I wouldn't unravel into a meltdown. I began a search for quotes on patience and got an interesting line-up. The one that wins the prize for making me laugh is:

"Never chase a man or a bus, there will always be another one."

Well, I was SO glad to see my suitcase & backpack with my paintbox come rolling in on a later flight! I was worried it might make the grand Thanksgiving tour without me! Hopefully there will be time for a small painting tomorrow!

And I will sign off with a very crucial Chinese proverb:
"One moment of patience may ward off great disaster. One moment of impatience may ruin a whole life."

May you be blessed with a patient temperament.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home