Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Last Big Red



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite professional artboard

We came home from our Thanksgiving trip south to find that most of/many of the trees here in CT have lost their leaves. We are on that downhill, slippery slope to winter. But on our morning walk just the other day, my neighbor has one of the last trees to hold its leaves. It's the biggest Japanese maple I have ever seen. I really never noticed it's size before, until this year. I'm walking up the hill and I can see these big 'abstract arms' of color stretching over a big green hedge. Pop this picture up on your screen and look at it from across the room. It's so fun when the shapes "read-well" from a distance, as well as close-up!

To purchase this painting, please visit my Daily Painters Gallery online!

1 Comments:

Blogger The BLAHGGERESS said...

Looks like Roxanne's on fire with passion for painting! Love it!

Deb

November 30, 2007 at 5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home