Monday, November 26, 2007

River's Silver Bliss - sold



6"x8" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

What can I say, late afternoon, mid-autumn, along the Housatonic River (in the western side of our state of CT) - the moving water reflects it's silver sparkle along the late day shadows as some grey clouds roll in. I love to paint the ever changing state of water.


We finally made it back from our Thanksgiving trip today! I only took the time to paint this one while we were traveling. There are times when it is more important to get your head out of the paint-box and be with friends and family. And while the scenery was very pretty....the friends and family were the best part of the trip! This is my "Navy sister" we got together with - we've known each almost 20 years and watched each others kids grow up - and been great support for each other during long deployments. Her parents came along,too & it was great to see them also. What a great delight to have all of us together again! Hope to get to bed at a decent hour & rest from too much time waiting in airports today! I'm cured of flying....for at least a little while! Tomorrow, I look forward to getting back in my routine, and painting!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home