Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Roxanne Steed Daily Painter's Studio Tour




Click on the picture to get a close-up view!

Today at dailypainters.com - we are having an open studio tour. Grand, or tiny as a table, we are sharing our space so everyone can see how we work. This usually, for most artists, is their longest work in progress. It changes, grows or diminishes, as our needs dictate, or opportunities arise. This space works for me for now. I was previously in one part of the kitchen! It is my daughter's old bedroom. She is in college now & is rarely home. So rather than have that room be held hostage - I claimed that space. She now stays in the guest room when she's here (so I do try to make it nice for her).

The best part of this current space is that I have room to put up my larger easel & a smaller table easel, and I have room to get back from my work to see it at a distance. The disadvantage is that there is still her old bed in here - and I need to move it out! That will probably happen after Christmas!

There is wall space behind me to hang a few paintings, another small wall opposite the large easel, for a bookcase filled with art & reference books. An armchair to sit in is beside the bookcase, perfect to ponder new ideas or contemplate what's on the easel from a distance. On the wall directly in front of me are clippings from magazines - work from contemporary artists I admire most; artist quotes for inspiration; drawings & notes of mine for future painting ideas. It gathers clutter, then must be cleared out -like the ocean- a constant ebb & flow of ideas & work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Delilah said...

Nice work space. Larger space means larger paintings.Have you been doing more large ones in the new space?

December 19, 2007 at 7:21 AM  
Blogger JEANNE ILLENYE said...

I totally understand how our workspace flows and ebbs with our projects, commissions, etc. I can see your success must be building as you're pushing the bed out soon! Great space!

December 19, 2007 at 8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home