Sunday, December 9, 2007

Lush Lily and Hostas - sold



7"x5" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

Enough of winter already! A few days of cold & grey in a row & I have to paint flowers to stay sane! I just love the variations of color in a "white" petal in the sunlight! When you grow up in Florida with tropical flowers and fragrances outdoors all year round, you appreciate it, but part of you thinks it will always be this way. Now I miss this so very much. So until I get another trip south or at least a trip to a green - house - I'll paint flowers all winter to get me through to the next sunny day!

1 Comments:

Blogger Debbie Miller said...

Ha! So true!! although the ice on the trees was pretty...I was back to summer again too. thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck with the book project

December 10, 2007 at 4:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home