Thursday, January 31, 2008

Next Pint New York - sold



24"x30" oil on gallery wrapped canvas 1.5" deep

I have found my muse...her name is Valentia.

Today's painting is "Next Pint New York", another of my Irish series! This place makes me grin every time I think of it. It is said to be the western most place in Europe - on the far end of Valentia Island, Ireland. Across the Bay is the Dingle Peninsula, the view of it sometimes disappearing into the clouds that roll by. As the story goes, this isn't really a pub - but a commercial was filmed here.....and the side of the building is still painted "O'Shea's, Next Pint New York". It seems it's even farther away than "the middle of no-where". I sometimes imagine the poor guy who thinks he'll make it to New York from here! I've had a case of the grins ever since I saw the place! Aside from the humor, it is at the end of a long lane, surrounded by fields, bogs, and not too far from the cliffs that drop into Dingle Bay. You are standing at the edge of the Iveragh peninsula, try not to let your jaw hit the ground!

1 Comments:

Blogger The BLAHGGERESS said...

love the message of sunrays of promise coming over the vast land in the composition!

February 1, 2008 at 4:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home