Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Winter Moon Rising - sold



10"x10" oil on gallery wrap canvas 1.5" deep

Yesterday I was standing at the kitchen sink gathering stuff to make brownies. My neighbor's house across the street is the prettiest blue.....when the setting sun hits it....it's so very pretty. The light hits the window glass and instantly it's orange. Add a rising full moon to the mix and it's absolutely breath-taking! I stared as the moon began to rise over the tree line. The last bits of sun illuminate the bare winter trees, turning them an orangey - red. For a few moments they are transformed from gray space to an exciting show. I grabbed my camera & ran out the door, no jacket & 20 degrees - but this show goes fast! I new I had to remember every bit until I got to paint it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Nel Jansen said...

This one is fantastic! It has such a mood and light to it, just masterfully done. I sure hope it bids up way higher than $56.00, or someone will have a steal!

January 23, 2008 at 8:12 AM  
Blogger Cheryl Kling said...

I can feel the cold of January looking at this painting. Beautifully done.

January 23, 2008 at 10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home