Monday, January 21, 2008

Painting at the Ruins, Ballycarberry Castle



6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)

Here's our fine group of friends, there are six of us all together. These three just happened to be in my view, as they chose a view from the side. The cloud cover changes rapidly here, so when you see what you like - it's important to go with it. The plein air scene I did here has been sold, this I painted from photos, notes & memory. I'm looking forward to my return visit to Ireland.

Email me regarding this painting roxannesteed@gmail.com

2 Comments:

Blogger René PleinAir said...

Lovely, just lovely!

It has an English touch somehow, I like that, a lot!

January 22, 2008 at 11:01 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks so much Rene'. I saw in your blog you are a fan of Edward Seago also!!! I've had this book for several years & pulled it off the shelf the other day for a good read - and hopefully some artistic influence!

January 24, 2008 at 10:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home