Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"This ain't no disco, Duck" - sold



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite professional artboard

Sometimes a visual image will trigger a string of mental verbeage. Songs, writings, phrases will merge as a reaction to this image and sometimes the result is pretty surprising (as in, how did that thought ever pop up?). I was looking through a string of duck photographs, considering the gestures of his movement I intended to paint. Going from shot to shot, it appeared as if he were dancing, since the photos were taken in rapid succession. Somehow the thought disco duck came into my head at the same time Sheryl Crow's song, "All I wanna do" popped in- the opening line, "this ain't no disco" and visions of watching the "sun come up over Santa Monica Boulevard" just hit me at this particular ducky move...Well he IS quite a personable little duck, this unusual neighbor of mine!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home