Monday, January 7, 2008

Thatched Roof Cottage, Ireland - sold



11"x14" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard

I've had this painted in my head before I ever picked up the brushes. It's a cottage I saw during my trip to Ireland, close to where I stayed the last two summers. And what a delight this place was to paint! This lovely cottage is built into a gentle hillside, along the back is a pile of peat bricks (I can remember that earthy smell now)- practically obscured by the colorful wildflowers that pop out of the lush grass. The weather can change so quickly there, clouds rolling in and across the island of Valentia (in the southwest of Ireland). I was at an artist's retreat hosted by a friend of mine. She has created a wonderful opportunity to enrich your artistic soul- an experience I'll never forget! We paint every day, all day long, rain or shine! Summer time in Ireland brings long daylight hours, so we pack a lot into a 24 hour day! Happily- I'm going again this summer AND I CAN HARDLY WAIT!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home