Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Cliffside Ruin pleinair, ReenCaheragh, Ireland - sold



9"x12" oil on linen mounted on board (Raymar)

This painting was done on location at a site that we had quite the hike over to. We had permission to cross through several pastures to the last bit of land which drops off into the ocean. Just west of Portmagee, in an area called ReenCaheragh, I had seen this spit of land from the Valentia Island side. It is in the shape of an arrow-head and rises up to a point before a sheer cliff-side drops off into the sea. Just past the ruin on the very end, the land is wind-whipped and the grass stays very short. Mixed in with the grass is mossy growth and alpine flowers waving in the wind. An absolutely memorable place!

I've had just enough time to recover from jet-lag so I began work updating my web-site as well, please take to look & let me know what you think!! www.roxannesteed.com

2 Comments:

Blogger Sheila Vaughan said...

Wonderful combination of small and large shapes here Roxanne and I love your impasto work. It is so fresh, just like the landscape!

June 25, 2008 at 12:54 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Sheila! I really enjoyed getting to spend the better part of a day out at this place!

June 25, 2008 at 11:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home