Sunday, August 24, 2008

It's the Berries.......... nDP



Good morning, happy Monday & welcome to a brand new week!

"Once the mind has been stretched by a new idea, it will never again return to its original size."
- Oliver W. Holmes


Cheer Factor emails:
Today's photograph is called "It's The Berries!". We spent this afternoon on a long hike in the woods over at Bluff Point Park in Groton. This summer has been an incredible growing season, and in the woods- it's no different! We could eat the whole way through! Especially blackberries! Tons of ripe ones and still more that aren't quite ripe yet (but are pretty to photograph). There are wild blueberries - which I find special delight in! My husband is always hesitant to eat those, but once he sees that I'm not keeling over, he does try a few!. There were even wild grapes growing plump and purple from vines tangled through the trees. There were a few other questionable things, a white berry growing along a red stem with a touch of blue color in there somehow. I nicknamed them "scary-berries" since I have no idea what they are & probably not something anyone would want to ingest. But nature can certainly put on a show of her grand providence. So I think I've declared Sunday afternoons a day of no painting, but instead seeing another part of the world close by on a hike through the afternoon. I hope you find a wonderful way to unwind during your weekend - a break in your normal routine or activity.

Spam blockers being what they are (especially aol users), If you have had trouble in the past receiving this email, you may prefer to subscribe to my blog:
http://roxannesteed.blogspot.com/
There is a subscriber box in the upper right hand portion of the blog page.

So, as I continue to make improvements to this Cheer Factor email....and finish getting through the 'calamity' of moving, you'll see continual update to my blog, website and ebay store. Many thanks - cheer & blessings to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home