Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Autumn Marsh, Barn Island, Stonington - sold



24"x36" oil on linen

Today's painting is "Autumn Marsh, Barn Island, Stonington". One afternoon during a recent weekend we hiked here....it's one of my favorite views.

"My profession is to always find God in nature."
- Henry David Thoreau



I think it's done. At this point I set it aside & look at with fresh eyes tomorrow. I'll see if there's anything I want to tweak...but for now...yes, I think it's done!

As for the quote....this really struck a chord with me....on Wednesday evenings, I go to a book study group at church. We have just started the book, "Listening for the Heartbeat of God - A Celtic Spirituality" by J. Philip Newell. I was just thinking this afternoon while painting, I do feel "a closeness with God" when I am out-doors, painting....spending time in one place focused on my surroundings...we are blessed with life in such a wonderful world. Certainly there is a 'spark of God in all things'.
****** For my friends and collectors in the local area (CT, RI, MA) if you have areas that you love to hike in, favorite views, & don't mind sharing this scoop, please pass on the info to me! I love a good walk in new surroundings ....some become favorites that I return to again & again!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home