Thursday, October 30, 2008

Red Carnations for a Gray Day - sold



8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard (Raymar)


"To be overcome by the fragrance of flowers is a delectable form of defeat."
- Beverly Nichols


Some more of my favorite things...not only beautiful, but the slightly spicy fragrance of carnations brighten up any day! This is an image I've painted before though it was in a smaller square format. I do love the poetic license of the palette knife!

Click on the image for a closer view.

I spent this afternoon tinkering with my printer(it's been a bit cantankerous lately)...before heading out to the post office to send out another painting. Many thanks to my new (and repeat) collectors this month from Florida, Georgia, Utah, Massachusetts, Connecticut, Maryland, California, North Carolina, Virginia, New Jersey, Indiana, and District of Columbia! I am so grateful to "share a common vision" with others who see poetic beauty in the everyday things around us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home