Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pondering the Rose Garden



16"x20" oil on canvas mounted on board (Raymar)

I hope you simply have a happy Thursday.

"Nothing we use or hear or touch can be expressed in words that equal to what we are given by the senses."
- Hannah Arendt



Today's painting is "Pondering the Rose Garden". Here it is - finally finished...and you've gotten to see the process from beginning to end! That quote just about sums up why I paint.....I feel my words are insufficient to describe the incredible things that we take in through our senses...so I represent those memories visually...hopefully to make a connection with the viewer and evoke similar memories. A walk through a lush garden, an abundance of flowers, colors surrounding me, fragrance enveloping me. I relish the visual memory to evoke that "sense of place" that I try to represent in my paintings. I love to use the textures of oil paint to connect with the tactile senses - again, to hit that "memory recall" of the viewers' experience of being in a certain place. Click on the image for a close up of the palette knife work that I find so exciting.

I do welcome requests for commissions. Please contact me at roxannesteed@gmail.com for a price list per size.



and last news of the day...got several paintings varnished today & hopefully I'll have several ready to ship to their new homes soon!

1 Comments:

Blogger Edward B. Gordon said...

fascinating to the see the painting evolve ( not sure if one can say it that way, but you know what I mean, sorry my Chinese is not that good ha ha ha ) beautiful painting Roxanne, and thank you for your comment !

all the very best to you

Edward

November 6, 2008 at 2:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home