Monday, March 2, 2009

Madonna of the Greenhouse- sketch



"High expectations are the key to everything."
- Sam Walton


Today's sketch is currently called "Madonna of the Greenhouse"....as I was putting together sketches for my next set of 3 paintings, I found the fan-vent directly placed behind my friend's head...sort of like one of those renaissance religious paintings, hmm. The connection certainly made me smile. She is the nurturing sort that can bring plants back to life, even when it's questionable. One might think miracles are involved....But anyways, she volunteers at a local greenhouse for a state park- and I came with her one day while she tended plants and I photographed her at work. These small greenhouses are indeed a tropical oasis in the middle of a New England winter! With all the snow we've had this winter, I've been thinking about this visit for a while...and the paintings that would come from it!

We spent some time shoveling a foot deep worth of snow Monday- I think I've had about enough of this to last the rest of my life....or at least until next year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home