Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Marshes of Barn Island



12"x16" oil on canvas mounted on archival panel

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow."
- Helen Keller


I find that the best way for me to cope with a cold dreary winter is to paint the places that I love to be in summer. I've been doing some color studies and this painting was an effort to really express the feeling of the sun warming the land that the tidal inlet runs through. Oh if I could just feel some of that heat right now! So I paint it...and get lost in it....for the moments that I am painting. I wonder if those "speed-walkers" that I might hike with, get annoyed at me stopping to stare at a view, or take pictures if I've brought my camera, or going to the same place over & over again until I can store that "memory of place" in my brain. I am so looking forward to better weather to get outdoors, to paint, to hike, (or to stroll as my daughters say I do). With each minute of longer days & the closer we get to spring, the anticipation is growing!

Marshes of Barn Island

About This Painting:
Barn Island Wildlife Management Area is the state of CT's largest coastal property managed for wildlife conservation. I find it so beautiful out there- and it already has me thinking about summer!!

Media: oil on canvas mounted on archival panel
Size: 16 in X 12 in (40.6 cm X 30.5 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home