Monday, April 27, 2009

Sunshine and Happiness; Northlight



10"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel (Raymar)

"Happiness comes of the capacity to feel deeply, to enjoy simply, to think freely, to risk life, to be needed."
- Storm Jameson


I can't resist fresh flowers...if I've got'em I gotta paint'em. Another study of light from behind. I'm enjoying this studio I have now, the windows face north, and it is even light all day long.

Now, for the happiness part- generally I'm a happy person...but I am sooo excited, ecstatic actually ...that my twins are graduating from college (Florida State) this coming Saturday! Are moms supposed to be as happy as the grads? I don't know - but I'm thrilled for them. I remember this feeling when I graduated like it was yesterday (and frankly it was a long, long time ago). The world is their oyster! Now they just have to wade through that muck to find the pearl! It will be there though (yeah, the muck AND the pearl). But would the 'pearl' parts of life be as sweet if we didn't know of the 'muck'? I'm curious to see what the next part of 'the journey' holds for them (and for our economy-that is one challenging mess for sure).

Buy this painting on PayPal
Price: $150 USD plus $12 USD s/h
Or, send me an email

4 Comments:

Blogger Paintdancer said...

This is lovely Roxanne. I especially love the little flowers on the vase. Very feminine!

Good luck to your twins. It's a dog eat dog world out there and with this economy don't be too surprised to have the twins live with you for a few years. My sons are still struggling to make financial ends meet, but they are lucky to have understanding parents to borrow from!

April 28, 2009 at 4:58 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Maryanne! Yes, I think I'm mentally ready for whatever comes our way...it's not too pretty out there right now...but it wasn't when I graduated either. In the end, it all works out, somehow, some way! Believing it will is half the battle.
:-)

April 28, 2009 at 6:46 AM  
Blogger Diane Kessluk said...

Wow! Time seems to fly sometimes, doesn't it?? Congrats to your girls. I am sure they will do great things. You have given them a wonderful life experience. Enjoy the moment!!

April 29, 2009 at 5:06 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Diane! It has been a fun weekend in Tallahassee! I'm excited to see them start the next journey in their lives!

May 3, 2009 at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home