Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Daydreams In Clover - sold



5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"Any glimpse into the life of an animal quickens our own and makes it so much the larger and better in every way."
- John Muir



I'm starting to get my gear ready for my trip to Ireland and of course I've been thinking of some of the things I'll be seeing and painting over there. I fly into Shannon, where my friend picks me up & we'll drive over to Dingle the first day. We'll be staying at a B&B on Slea Head before heading down to Valentia Island. The B&B is a working farm! Cows & sheep & AMAZING views across to the Blasket Islands. I love seeing the young lambs- they are so adorable, I'd love to take one back home with me! I think the folks in customs would have a tough time believing it's my "seeing eye-lamb"! or "Hey, look what popped into that sweater I bought!" I'm just not certain that I could pull it off!

I finally made the decision to get an "Open Box M" panel holder in the small 8"x10" size. I've been looking at & considering this for a long time, trying to get the weight of my gear down AND still have the convenience of a paint-box that's easy to use. I'll let you know how this compares to other 'travel' easels & pochade boxes that I've used over the years. I'll be giving it a whirl several times this week before I take it with me, so there will be no surprises!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home