Thursday, May 28, 2009

Red Tulip



5"x7" oil on gessoed masonite artboard

"In spring time, when the air is calm and pleasant, it is an injury against nature not to go out, and see her riches, and partake in her rejoicing with heaven and earth."
- John Milton


I do love these flowers. This particular variety of tulip is as pretty on the inside as it is on the outside. They fade way too fast - so I paint them - so I can remember them throughout the year. When winter is deep and chilly, I love having these flower paintings to remind me of the beauty that will come back in the spring!

For purchase information, email me: roxannesteed@gmail.com

4 Comments:

Blogger Amanda Dagg said...

Beautiful Roxanne!

May 29, 2009 at 12:59 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Amanda!

May 29, 2009 at 4:06 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Roxanne...love your use of color! Beautiful!

May 29, 2009 at 4:49 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Norma!

May 29, 2009 at 5:30 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home