Thursday, July 9, 2009

Dingle Boats, II - sold



12"x 16" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival panel (Raymar)

"Some people, no matter how old they get, never lose their beauty - they merely move it from their faces into their hearts."
- Martin Buxbaum


I think it's finished! I'll have a look in the morning to see if there is anything else I'd like to tweak - or declare it complete. It is so nice to have an entire day to paint, no errands, no chores. Errands and chores always have to be worked around, like any one elses work day. Some painting time is stepping back to have a look from a distance...and THINK.

This one is already claimed, it's a commission from a collector who has recently made her first trip over to Ireland! I'm so glad she asked me to paint this scene (as well as the Cliffs of Moher). These are such wonderful places. The pier in Dingle has so many wonderful old boats there. This quote reminded me of these boats - they may have some dents & rusty spots, but they are great working boats put into use every day. I love the various shapes of the hulls & the masts, & riggings for nets, the colors, the reflections, and even the rust stains, etc. Their beauty is in their character!

Painting these places I love brings back all these incredibly fun memories of my visits over to Ireland. Right now I'm thinking about the great little ice-cream shop my friend Barbara & I found in Dingle this summer! They had 'honey-comb' ice-cream. Wow, it was so good, we went back a second time!! Of course we walked all over town to 'walk off' the calories!

***If there is a particular painting that you love, that has already been sold; yes, I can re-create it for you. Since it is an original it will not be exactly the same, but has the same 'essence' & 'sense of place' that captured our imaginations to begin with! Just email with with your request, I'll send you a price list per sizes to help you find exactly what you need!

2 Comments:

Blogger jsicignano2.blogspot.com said...

Hi Roxanne, once again lovely. Congrats on your sale. Have a great day.

July 10, 2009 at 4:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

It is BEAUTIFUL! Love all the colors...

July 10, 2009 at 7:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home