Thursday, June 18, 2009

Irish Cottage Lacey Window



6"x8" oil on Belgian linen mounted on gatorboard

"It is not death that man should fear, but never beginning to live."
- Marcus Aurelius, emperor



This is one of my favorite views of my friend's stone cottage in Ireland, straight on at the front door. The front of the house catches the morning sun - it lights up the stone walls in such warm tones - a nice contrast with the blue door. Ivy is starting to grow up the walls around the lace curtained windows. The garden is protected from the winds by a low stone wall and contains flowers of various kinds, herbs, and interesting stones collected from walks on the nearby beaches.

That's another favorite past-time of mine while visiting, beach-combing! We bring back some gorgeous sea-glass, shells, and these striped rocks like I've seen no where else. My husband thinks I should take some Connecticut rocks over to Ireland since I continue to bring theirs back here to the states!

I think I'm just about over the jet-lag, caught up with laundry, groceries and all that fun stuff. I love the traveling, but it's so good to be home again. .......I think my own garden is going to be a painterly place this year! Keep watch for the coming paintings this summer!

For purchase information, email me: roxannesteed@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home