Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dingle Town, Fishing Boat; Ireland series



8"x8" oil on cradled hardwood panel

"Wisdom is the comb given to a man after he has lost his hair."
- J.P. Dunleavy


Ha!- I love the quote...perhaps that's why we're so willing to share what-ever 'wisdom' we have....(we think we don't need it anymore?).

My 'travels' at the easel brought me back to Dingle, where I arrived with my friend last May. Even though we paint every day while we visit, there's still so much more, so I bring home photos, notes, memories....and create more from all of those.

These little boats look so small to be out on the open ocean, but they are amazing work-boats! I am in awe of what they're capable of!

For purchase information, email me: roxannesteed@gmail.com

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

LOVE your painting Roxanne. Your use of grays in the water is wonderful and awesome knife work!

November 4, 2009 at 6:00 AM  
Blogger Victor Errington said...

What a wonderful impressionistic
painting Roxanne. The colours are
brilliant. Well done.
Vic.

November 4, 2009 at 6:31 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Norma & Victor! Can you tell I'm really missing the place lately? (sigh)....

November 4, 2009 at 6:37 AM  
Blogger susan hong-sammons said...

Love seeing your journey through paint. This little boat feels so precious docked seaside

November 5, 2009 at 7:20 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Susan, yes, I love the different old boats over there! It always surprises me the tough work they do!

November 5, 2009 at 8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home