Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spring Light, Plein Air In The Artist's Garden



8"x6" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival board (Raymar)

"To fill the hour and leave no crevice....that is happiness."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson


Today was one of those wonderful spring days - the sun was out, comfortable temperature, just truly beautiful! I find those days so motivating to get much done!

I have ten new paintings delivered just this morning to Total Design Source in Old Saybrook, CT (180 Main Street; 860-388-3596). If you haven't been there yet, please have a visit!

I got back home rather early, and even though it's still pretty early in the growing season, the garden is starting to look really inviting with little blue forget-me-nots, johnny-jump-ups and pansies blooming all over the place. The pink and lavender creeping phlox has doubled this year & is a big mound of color! Part of this area is in deep shade, part hit by the sun, it's great fun to catch that contrast in paint! What a delightful morning I had painting outside in the midst of this!

Once I finished, I still wanted to be outside & help my husband with some garden work. So I spent the afternoon hauling mulch. I'm pretty exhausted, but what a nice way to spend the day! I'm seeing that as the season rolls on, I'll have some wonderful things to paint in each part of the growing season!

Contact me to purchase this painting: roxannesteed@gmail.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home