Saturday, April 17, 2010

Full Sunlight Flowers



12"x16" oil on linen mounted on archival board (Raymar)

"The great difference between voyages rests not in ships but in the people you meet on them."
- Amelia Burr


Catching up to the blogging...I have been painting this week, just not writing about it! This painting, "Full Sunlight" (12"x16" oil on linen mounted on board) is my effort from Thursday. Another artist friend, Cheryl Kling, came over to my studio for lunch & brought a load of flowers!! We sorted them into a couple of vases and had a really nice afternoon of painting! It is indeed fun for artists to get together to paint & share thoughts. We usually work in solitude, so this communal time is really nice!

Full Sunlight Flowers

About This Painting:
I'm an Impressionist here in the area of CT known as "Birthplace of American Impressionism". As a member of Lyme Art Association, I currently show work there, as well as galleries in CT and VA.

Media: oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard
Size: 16 in X 12 in (40.6 cm X 30.5 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

4 Comments:

Blogger Janette Jones, Studio California said...

Oooooo...love the light in this one..just gorgeous!

April 18, 2010 at 6:53 AM  
Blogger lyn said...

Beautiful! I was given a bouquet from an artist friend as well. I'd better photograph it! I must mow not paint!

April 18, 2010 at 9:33 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Janette & Lyn! It was a great fun day painting these!

April 18, 2010 at 9:54 AM  
Blogger Artist said...

love how the flowers all bump into each other!!

April 18, 2010 at 10:11 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home