Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Sure Sign It's Spring




8"x6" oil on Belgian linen mounted on archival board (Raymar)

"Spring is a heart full of hope and a shoe full of rain."
- author unknown



Yeesh, who ever said that hasn't seen my neighbors' basements. It has been a crazy opening to spring so far here in New England! But I'm focused on the 'hopeful' part!

What to do when you want to get back outside to paint, but have a million chores inside to keep you from getting very far? Well,... sneak off to the back yard. Our daffodils have rewarded us kindly with a whopping spread of blossoms! I just wanted to paint one! A single blossom, just to get up close & personal with nature. Those paintings done outdoors feed the memory banks of color & weather sense, all things you draw upon when painting back in the studio. There's nothing like it. What I especially loved noticing while sitting out there on this little camp stool face-to-face with flowers....the sun coming from behind them, is how the base of the stem lit up a glowing yellowy-green, and casting a dark plummy shadow toward me on the leafy forest floor. (Yes, I DO call that part of the yard our 'forest'. This summer we'll be working on our 'shady woodland path' part of the yard & gardens!!

Well, that was my happy-painting-fix today; I still haven't done the vacuum cleaning!

Sure Sign It's Spring

About This Painting:
I'm an Impressionist here in the area of CT known as "Birthplace of American Impressionism". As a member of Lyme Art Association, I currently show work there, as well as galleries in CT and VA.

Media: oil on Belgian linen mounted on professional artboard
Size: 6 in X 8 in (15.2 cm X 20.3 cm)

How to Purchase:
send me an email

2 Comments:

Blogger @ miss autumn said...

Very nice.


Yolanda

April 7, 2010 at 7:55 PM  
Blogger Artist said...

looks like you found a really good spot to paint at!!

April 8, 2010 at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home