Monday, June 28, 2010

Lavender Rows



6"x6" oil on gessoed masonite archival artboard

"What sunshine is to flowers, smiles are to humanity. These are but trifles, to be sure; but, scattered along life's pathway, the good they do is inconceivable."
- Joseph Addison



I can't imagine life without either of these....flowers or smiles...and I hardly think they are trifles! Necessities- absolutely!

Rows of luscious lavender, bees humming in the rows, soft breezes, gently winding way along an easy hill...and surrounded by warm air releasing a delightful fragrance. Can it get any better than this?

This is another small view from the lavender farm (Keys Creek Lavender Farm) that I visited during my recent trip to San Diego. I really hope to make it back there next year while the place is in bloom (and bring the paints with me next time!).

Contact me to purchase this painting: roxannesteed@gmail.com

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home