Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Hot & Hazy Summer Morning, Tiffany Farm, Old Lyme, CT- sold



8"x10" oil on Belgian linen mounted on museum quality board

"Every morning I wake torn between a desire to save the world and an inclination to savor it. This makes it hard to plan the day."
- E.B. White, writer




Monday morning I planned to meet up with the CT Plein Air Painters at Tiffany Farm, in Old Lyme, CT. It started out steamy, grey and hazy....and heated up to just hot, sunny & hazy! By the time I finished I had nearly melted into a puddle....turned out to be quite a hot day. I knew I was going to be glad to keep this fairly small. I stood at one edge of a corn field, separated from the cows in the next pasture below. The whole field stretches downhill to the barns & silos, the distant tree-covered hills were quite hazy in the early morning, though it burned off as the morning progressed.

So, I had just set up, when another van pulled up & one woman asked, "By any chance are you Roxanne Steed?" gosh, now that's a surprise! (she recognized me by my visor!)...It turned out to be Jackie White, one of my artist friends on Twitter - who I had not met face-to-face yet! What a delight - we have a lot in common- besides painting, a love of Ireland...and daughters who are VERY into Irish dance! She had come to paint that morning, too!

It has been very fun over the last several years to actually meet face to face with artist friends and collectors who I've come to know on-line. By the time we get the chance to actually meet, we all feel like we've known each other quite a long time! Ah, the power of the internet - bringing the world closer together!


Hope you get a chance to get outside and smell the flowers today!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home