Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Strawberry Splash



8"x8" oil on gessoed masonite archival panel

"An onion can make people cry, but there has never been a vegetable invented to make them laugh."

- Will Rogers


Tuesday I stayed in the studio making good use of this batch of flowers, as well as catch up on laundry, and clean up before I head down to Norfolk, VA this week. It's been a while since I pulled my dragon-fly teapot down to use with some flowers. It makes such a nice contrast against the pink cloth. I also enjoy getting the lighting such as to leave part of the daisies in shadow, it makes such interesting effects. I haven't opened the little jar of strawberries, in fact I can't ever remember buying canned/jarred strawberries before- but they looked interesting enough to paint! To purchase online, please visit my DailyPainters.com gallery.


*****Just a reminder for my Hampton Roads friends; this week I'm headed to Norfolk! Saturday, April 30th I'll be demo-ing palette knife techniques and speaking about "Finding Your Artistic Voice" at London Square Gallery from noon to 2pm. I'd love for you to join us!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger susan hong-sammons said...

Gorgeous painting! Not only shows off the subject but also the joy of creating.

April 27, 2011 at 4:03 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks so very much Susan. I'm so glad that happiness comes through. I feel like I really turned a corner on some of my thinking about still-lifes this past winter (& it has really turned a corner for me in my work). Thanks for the kind comments!

April 27, 2011 at 6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home