Thursday, August 15, 2013

Plein Air757, From Lynhaven Bay to Town Center (and Way Beyond!)

11"x14" oil on linen mounted on panel

Click here for more information, or to purchase.

I've just returned home from Virginia Beach, and the Pleinair757 paint-out.  What great fun- Karen Kinser- artist and organizer extraordinaire has hosted this event with her group of amazing volunteers for many years now (six or seven?) The 757 is the area code/geographical area that the painters can choose to paint in. This is a rather broad chunk of south-eastern Virginia!  Having lived there for many years myself, I'm always anxious to get back there to paint, and visit, and hang out with friends. It seems the time goes by so quickly and I'm headed home again. 

This view of Lynnhaven Bay is up by the boat launch on the southwest side of the Lesner Bridge. It's close to where I used to live, and I've driven by there countless times, but never got out to walk up that dune. Holy cow- you can see all the way to Town Center! The weather was warm during our painting days, but really nice early in the morning. Big cumulus clouds started rising up during late morning. I was certainly jazzed at the scenery, and happy to be out on the water!




Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home