Thursday, September 26, 2013

Hospital Waiting Room



So we're back at mom's apartment. Yesterday was spent at the hospital, with her having her appendix out. For me, it was time spent at a variety of "hurry-up-and -wait" activities that pretty much lasted all day. After I had read magazines, a book that didn't hold my interest, had lunch in the hospital cafeteria, and chocolate and caffeine from the hospital gift shop, I decided it was time for a quick sketch right where I was sitting. Surely they would be calling me back to the recovery room soon. 

Any way, just as I was putting away my paints & little sketchbook, they called me back. Today mom is doing pretty well, at least so far so good. It will take a bit of time for total recovery. So we'll take one day at a time & hope all goes well. 

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Nice painting, not a nice situation... at least it kept you busy. I hope your mom recovers quickly.

September 27, 2013 at 8:55 AM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks so much Cindy!

September 27, 2013 at 11:29 AM  
Blogger juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

You are smart to occupy your time... the wait can seem to be forever.Your drawing skills are awesome.
Hope your mom does well.

September 29, 2013 at 12:13 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks Julie, It really IS a treat to allow ourselves to "sink into the drawing" rather than to fidget the time away like I did earlier that morning, the sketching was a great relief - and certainly made the time seem to evaporate.

September 30, 2013 at 10:40 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home