Wednesday, September 11, 2013

St. Finian's Bay - SOLD! and your invitation to Ireland!

8"x10" oil on linen mounted on archival panel

St. Finian's Bay is one of my favorite places to paint.  First of all, it usually involves a trip to the Skellig Chocolate factory, just across the street, close by.  Secondly, it has a wonderful beach where really tough, brAve hearty souls go to swim and surf! I've been there on cloudy days, misty days, and sunny days (and of course days that have every weather event involved...and it's always beautiful!  This one sold at our "Wet Painting Sale" on Valentia Island, to a repeat collector who lives on the island. 

It was a WONDERFUL week! Barbara Mastaglio, our host for planning our week through Valentia Island Art Retreats knows this region so well, keeps us painting at some really great locations! 

Mary and Jim Lane, who own and run Shealane B&B do a superb job of keeping us well fed and rested, and keep us headed in the right direction with any question we might have.  This was my sixth time over to visit and paint, Mary and Jim have become like family.  And Barbara I would claim for a sister at any time.


We do hope you'll join us next summer - I'll be offering a workshop there. You'll gain great tips on improving your decision making skills in the great outdoors, make faster and stronger starts to your painting, so you'll have that roadmap to a great finish.  Learn to strengthen your composition for a truly compelling painting, and "finding your voice" in your painting career.

I've just finished downloading all my photos from the adventure- and I'll share them here on the blog. You'll also hear it from me, what I got snagged in security for! (and it wasn't a pile of rocks)!   
  

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home