Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Autumn Peegee Hydrangeas - Watercolor Sketchbook Journal

So, here they are in all their autumn glory, Peegee Hydrangeas, which has now grown to a nice 'droop' over the corner of the fence in this part of the garden.  The nice thing is this- in that corner is a little rounded 'Monet' bench. That wonderful mound of flowering hydrangeas gives a nice bit of privacy, yet doesn't block out the street view. I can have my nice bit of quiet, or hail the neighbors walking by for a chat! 
This shrub is one of those interesting ones that changes a lot through the growing season. In mid August it has wonderful cream colored blossoms.
And just going back to July 4th, it had no blossoms at all!
I'm truly fortunate to be married to my "Garden Guru"! 
I've had many folks asking about the variety of zinnias from yesterday's blog post.  
They are called "Art Deco" and are from Renee's Seeds.
Even their packaging is wonderful. When we open our order it's like receiving a mini-art collection! 
 
 
It's been a good bit of work to get the corner office with the view, but it has certainly been worth the effort! 
 
Thanks for all your kind comments on the recent blog posts! I always love hearing from you!
 
 

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Oh BOY! I would disappear into your garden never to be seen again. IT IS GORGEOUS!
So are your paintings...I mean it they are really, truly beautiful.

October 21, 2013 at 9:30 PM  
Blogger Roxanne Steed said...

Thanks so much Julie! I have to admit, most of the garden work comes from my hubby! I'm "the helper" when it comes to that work. I go for the "therapeutic weeding"! haha. But we did put it together with paintings in mind! I'm grateful to have this little oasis on the planet!! Thanks so much for your kind words!

October 22, 2013 at 5:39 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home