Friday, January 17, 2014

Sketchbook fun, & Everyday Matters & Travel to France in May!

I started yet another sketchbook the other day. I have different ones with different types of paper...each paper has a different effect on the paint handling. This book is a Stillman & Birn Beta Series, each page is a nice heavy weight cold press watercolor paper, with some nice body to it. At the recommendation of my friend Jane LaFazio's blog, I had recently finished reading "Everyday Matters", a memoir by Danny Gregory. One of the most thoughtful, touching art books I've read.  I found it interesting how close you feel to the author when the book is in his handwriting... and his sketches. Like hearing the story of a dear artist friend. I hope you take the time to read it if you haven't.  I think you'll find it inspiring! 
So when I brought home a batch of tulips to set up an oil painting the other day, I simply had to get it in watercolor first...Each of my sketchbooks have a different theme-this one I'm calling "Everyday Matters" & filling it with day to day stuff...because Every. Single. Day. Matters.  even when it's filled with the "run-of-the-mill" everyday kind of stuff. 

Which reminds me, if your "everyday matters" need a different venue...I'd love for you to join me in France this May 2014, for 10 days of watercolor journaling. Yes, you CAN do this, I can teach you! It's lightweight to carry, great for traveling, and a wonderful memory that no souvenir store will ever have. You'll have memories from your sketches that will stay with you like no photograph ever could possibly do! Have a look at our hosts website, here. 

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home