Thursday, December 12, 2013

"Summer Zinnia Memories" - ACEO Miniature Floral Oil Painting

3.5"x2.5" oil on fine canvas board
(link to auction is scheduled to go 'live' at 5:30pm EST)
 
***So, this is the last one of the ACEO series that will be delivered before Christmas! Better stake your claim on one or more of these little gems!
 
For those of you not familiar with the acronym ACEO, it stands or Art Cards Editions and Originals. The miniature paintings are the size of a baseball trading card, 2 1/2 inches by 3 1/2 inches.  This category of art has become increasingly popular on eBay the last couple of years. These can be displayed on their own, or with a tiny little easel (like the king you can find in Michael's Arts & Crafts type stores) on a display shelf, OR these beautiful gems can be elegantly matted and framed with perhaps a mat of 4 inches wide (truly royal on a linen covered mat, just ask your framer!!). ACEOs make wonderful gifts! The gift of original art is truly a thoughtful treasure! I had less than a handful of these tiny ACEO canvases...so I do hope you win the auction bid on your favorite one!

It seems I only have time to do these little gems at Christmas- perfect for me as I wind down a busy year of larger works, and perfect for YOU as a great opportunity for original art at a truly affordable price.  These zinnias were cut just before the first big frost here in my New England garden.  I knew I couldn't paint them all in a day, so I used every last one to put in a variety of vases, to paint summer flowers later in my studio.  These are wonderful little studies for larger paintings. 



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home